Memphis Grizzles play-by-play commentator Eric Hasseltine has brought his considerable sports knowledge to 92.9 FM ESPN/680 AM.
Hasseltine has been the voice of Grizzlies basketball since 2005. He served as pre- and post-game host on Grizzlies broadcasts on WHBQ from 2001 to 2004, during which time he also hosted his own talk show.
Hasseltine’s radio career started in college, where he covered the University of California, Davis, football and basketball teams for the campus’ KDVS radio station. He went on to host shows and provide play-by-play and sideline reporting for the Oakland Raiders on KHTK in Sacramento.
Join Hasseltine every weekday from 2 to 4 p.m., just before Gary Parrish. Listen for Rapid Fire Trivia every day at 3:45 p.m. and Analyst Tuesday during Grizzlies season:
- Mondays: Football 101 at 2:45pm with NFL one week and NCAA the next
- Tuesdays: FoxSports.com's Teddy Mitrosilis on college football at 3:25
- Wednesdays: College Football Matrix's upset specialist Dave Bartoo on Vegas perspective at 2:45pm and a weekly Titans expert at 3:05pm
- Thursdays: Will Carroll, Bleacher Report's Injury Expert/Fantasy Guy, at 3:25pm
- Fridays: Game of Week featuring radio play-by-play announcers, college basketball at 2:25pm and NFL at 3:25pm
Click here to listen to Eric's podcasts.
About the producer:
Ben Hogan was born and raised a Memphian, graduated from Christian Brothers High School, and then attended the University of Tennessee at Martin. He graduated from there in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications. While at UT-Martin, Ben did play-by-play for many of the varsity sports. His career highlights include being on the call for Derrick Rose's first collegiate game when the Skyhawks faced Memphis at the FedExForum and also being on the call for the only recorded quadruple-double in NCAA history (Lester Hudson v Central Baptist College.) He then moved back to Memphis and interned at KQPN 730 AM for The Chris Vernon Show and The Geoff and Gary Show. In 2010, he was hired at AM 560 WHBQ as morning and mid-day producer. He is also a fantasy sports nut. When Ben isn't working in sports he loves going to concerts, his favorite bands are the Black Crowes and Umphreys McGee.